15 Day Quilters’ Japan Autumn Tour 2014
International Quilt Week
Departure : Thu. 06 November 2014
Complete Air & Tour package including airfares & taxes
by Japan Airlines economy class
FULLY ESCORTED GROUP TOUR-by professionally licensed staff.
Normally from $5,680* Twin share/person, departure from Sydney
payment after 14th March 2014
Welcome aboard a JANESCO Tour. Enjoy the wonderland of the cool crisp colours of Autumn in Japan. Start off with 2 days at the Yokohama Quilt Show 2014. Draw inspiration for your quilting from the dazzling landscapes and soak up the culture of this exotic country. Lots of opportunities for fabric shopping! Walk through rustic villages, majestic castle and beautiful temples. Wander down the lanes of a Samurai town. Visit amazing Kimono museum. Experience kimono silk painting, visit indigo and shibori tiedyeing works. Watch a master potter at work. Visit a genuine traditional gold leaf workshop. Experience the grandeur of the famous Mt Fuji and Hakone national park. Take a trip on the bullet train, visiting both Tokyo and Kyoto. Visit famous gardens to enjoy the seasonal beauty of Japan.
A quilting and craft tour of Japan designed by QUILTERS, for QUILTERS !
JANESCO EXCLUSIVE PROGRAM
THE ORIGINAL AND THE BEST
- Return international airfares with Japan Airlines & Airport taxes.
- 13 nights accommodation.
- Daily breakfast, one (1) lunch and four (4) dinners.
- All entry fees during sightseeings and quilt show (2 days) as included in the itinerary.
- 2 Luggage transfer services (Tokyo – Kyoto – Tokyo).
Many more exciting inclusions for 2014 – call us for a 2014 brochure and more information.
- Visit to Yokohama Quilt Show 2014, including admission, for 2 days.
- Visit to foot of Mt. Fuji – Lake Kawaguchi and Kimono art museum.
- Craft Workshop – Arimatsu Shibori town, enjoy hands on experience of Shibori.
- Craft Workshop – Indigo Dyeing and Yuzen paint workshop visit.
- Visit Kyoto Museum of Traditional Crafts and Costume Museum.
- Master Potter workshop visit, a chance to see a master potter at work.
- Japanese traditional Rice Paper making hands-on experience.
- Lots of opportunities for fabric shopping.
2014 JANESCO EXCLUSIVE PROGRAM
- Show and tell with local quilting expert and her students
- Tea ceremony and Flower Arrangement demonstration
- Japanese Cuisine Cooking Class by professional chefs and instructors
Satoko Franks has worked in the Tour Industry within Japan and Australia for over 20 years. She is Japanese born, from the historical and cultural capital of Japan, Kyoto, and has been escorting Australian tours to Japan for many years. She has worked at Japan Air Lines over 12 years and with international hotels and travel agents and takes great pride in her Japanese culture and heritage. It is her pleasure and pride to show people the real and sometimes hidden Japan and we look forward to sharing this with you.
Call us for a brochure and more information.